Saturday, June 10, 2017

Chapter 3: Hate is a River

A strange boy found me in the forest and took me home. I winced when I entered his house. Behind him was his father, at the table his mother. They laid out a cot for me, ate, and went to sleep. I couldn't. I lay awake thinking. I saw my father dangling out the window on a loop. There he was, my mother behind him struggling to push him out-BANG! Again and again. Then, the image traveled downward. It went from my mind to my throat pushing through and got into my heart. A feeling started growing in there, pushing walls, trying to break the confinements of an organ the size of my fist. There it was killing me as the minutes passed by. Hate. I had never known a feeling so strong. It was powerful, suffocating, but there aren't enough words to fully describe it. All I know is that I hated everything. I hated fire, I hated sleep, I hated radiators, I hated my breaths. Hated them with all my heart as though hate was a conqueror and it knew no bounds. The hate spread through my body leaving my eyes for last. As soon as it reached my eyes it turned into despair, loss, into hot tears that would pour out and sting my cheeks. I didn't know what to do so I lay there letting all that hate flow out till there was no hate left.

1 comment: